Before you fly
• Remember you will be sitting for a long time so take a walk through the terminal before you board your flight.
• Your skin will get dry on the aircraft so keep your skin feeling fresh by applying moisturizer.
• Try to avoid heavy meals.
• Moderate your intake of alcohol, tea and coffee a day before your flight.
• Wear comfortable clothing. Try avoiding tight fitted outfit.
During your flight
• Keep hydrated. Drink water and juices frequently during your flight.
• Moderate your intake of alcohol, tea and coffee. These drinks act as diuretics, increasing the body’s dehydration.
• Eat light. It will be difficult to digest food when the body is inactive.
• Use moisturizer to hydrate the skin
• Muscles can become tense during flight resulting in backaches and fatigue. Relax your muscles by gentle stretches or walk up and down the aisle.
How to beat Jet Lag: Jet Lag is caused when traveling to a destination different time zone without giving the body a time to adjust to the new day and night cycle. The most common symptoms of jet lag are sleeplessness, tiredness, loss of appetite, headaches. There is no cure for jet lag but to minimize the effects, here are few recommendations:
• Getting a good night’s rest before your flight.
• Eat light meals at the local meal times.
• Try some light exercise; go for a brisk walk, if you can’t sleep after your arrival at your destination. It usually takes the body’s biological clock approximately one day to adjust per time zone crossed. In some cases, it can be longer depending upon the person and the distance travelled.
• Avoid caffeinated drinks and alcohol before going to bed.